We extend our condolences to Chris Russell, LLCC chief of police, on the recent passing of his father, William Woodrow Russell Sr. of Sherman on Jan. 12. A funeral service will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 19, 10 a.m. at Staab Funeral Home in Springfield. A burial will follow at Oak Ridge Cemetery. CDC protocol should be followed. Read the obituary.
My name is David Jones, and I am a certified financial planner with AIG Retirement, formerly known as Valic. We are a provider of the 403b and 457b retirement savings plans available to LLCC employees. Many of you have seen me on campus in the past. For obvious reasons, I have not been scheduling regular visits to the campus this academic year, but I am still available at your convenience to review your accounts, make changes or enroll new participants who are ready to start saving for retirement.
I can be reached by cell phone at 217-653-9171 or by email at David.firstname.lastname@example.org. I can also conduct one-on-one or group Webex meetings to be accessed through email invitation. One-on-one, face-to-face meetings can also be scheduled at a location of your choosing. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
David Jones, CFP®
A photo by Tony Rothering, professor of biology, is featured on the cover of the Just Words publication of a volunteer holding a male Goldencrowned Kinglet during a recent bird banding event at Jubilee Farm. Jubilee Farm, west of Springfield, hosts bird banding events in the summer and fall.
LLCC Student Life is holding an in-center blood drive next week, Jan. 25-30, at the Central Illinois Community Blood Center at 1999 Wabash Ave. Appointments are required for social distancing. Click here for more information/to schedule an appointment. When donating, please tell blood center staff to credit LLCC Student Life by using group code 61258. All blood types are needed!
COVID-19 has caused many blood drives to have to cancel, however for patients who require blood products for their treatment, the need for donors remains the same. With each and every donation you have the power to save three lives. Will you give?
LLCC will be closed Monday, Jan. 18 in observance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day. LLCC is a sponsor of the Frontiers International 46th annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. breakfast, which will be held virtually at 10 a.m. Monday and viewable on the City of Springfield’s public access channels 4 and 18 and on YouTube (search for ILSpringfield).
The 2020 W-2 forms are now available on Employee Self Service. If you have elected to receive your W-2 online, log in to Employee Self-Service, select Tax Information and then select 2020 W-2 Statement. If you are not signed up for online access to your W-2, your printed form was mailed today, Jan. 15, 2021. If you would like to receive your W-2 electronically in the future, you may go to Employee Self-Service > Tax Information and give electronic consent.
Please contact Viki Bradley at email@example.com with any questions or concerns regarding your tax form.
Any student arriving on campus for any activity is required to complete the health screening form via the Lincoln Landing app. Faculty and staff are strongly encouraged to ensure students have completed the app as they arrive to campus by asking to view the students’ “badge.” Students who have not completed the screening should be asked to do so prior to entering the classroom.
For those students who do not have a smart device, they may take a photo of their badge (if able) or print their badge and present this upon arrival. Please know the badges are date and time stamped. Paper screenings can be completed if needed for students and should be kept on file by the department, faculty or staff member. The student can be given a copy to keep with them for the day to show to staff when asked. The date should be on the paper form.
Should students have difficulty signing into the app, here a few trouble shooting tips to assist them.
- Students must accept the email invitation they received to their LLCC email account prior to accessing the app. The email is from School Info App. From the email invitation, they will click the link and be prompted to create their password. Once they have completed that process, they can then access the app. Students who registered prior to the end of 2020 would have received the email invitation on Jan. 5.
- The Lincoln Landing app can be found by searching for Lincoln-Landing.app in the Apple or Google Play store.
- The Lincoln Landing app is different than the LLCC Connect app.
- Students need to use their full email address as their username/login.
- If students are having difficulty with their password, or if they registered this year and did not receive an email invitation, please contact Rachel Duff, COVID-19 student health coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-786-2077.
As a reminder, if a college department (with the exception of Athletics, Student Life and Bookstore) has funds and wishes to purchase promotional items that would contain the college logo or name, here are the steps to take. These guidelines are intended to insure consistency, quality and value of promotional items.
- Complete a PRM KBOX work order, indicating the items you wish to purchase and the quantity. You may suggest a vendor, but it is not necessary.
- PRM will find a vendor for the items and provide you with price information.
- If you approve of the price, PRM will contact the vendor and provide the appropriate artwork and deadlines.
- You (or your department assistant) will need to create a requisition on Colleague for the item(s). Once the requisition is approved, the purchasing office will then send the vendor a PO to place the order.