It will soon be Homecoming time here at LLCC! To help spread awareness and school spirit, we are asking for offices to join LLCC Student Life in decorating your office doors! The office with the most votes will be declared the winning office and will win a jeans day later in February. Homecoming is the week of Feb. 4-9. Student Life will host events all week leading up to the men’s and women’s basketball games on the Feb. 9.
This year’s theme is “Mad About Plaid!” Why Plaid? Why not! It refers to the loggers (lumberjacks) who often are seen wearing plaid. So, get your coworkers together and get to decorating for what we hope to be a new tradition at LLCC!
The rules are simple:
- Decorate an office door using our 2019 LLCC Homecoming theme: “Mad About Plaid.” We will be asking voters to consider the theme as the main criteria for selecting a winner, but overall appearance and use of red/blue will be considered as well. Bonus if you can get the office team to dress up in plaid for the picture! If you need big sheets of colored paper (the kind you put on bulletin boards), come to the Student Life office, and we can get you some!
- Only painter’s tape or magnets may be used to affix decorations to doors so as not remove paint.
- Door windows may not be covered in compliance with active shooter guidelines.
- Decorations should not extend far enough from the door that it could cause a tripping hazard.
- Decorating should be completed by noon, on Friday, Feb. 1. Email a photo of your door to Jacob.Deters@llcc.edu.
- Photos of decorated doors will be available for voting during the entire week of Homecoming. Submit votes for your favorite door by 5 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 8. Students, faculty and staff are eligible to vote. There will be an online voting link available in LincIn, and it will be posted on the Student Life Facebook and webpages. The winner will be announced in LincIn on Feb. 8.
- The office receiving the most votes will be declared the winner and will receive a jeans day decided upon by the office.