You can set automatic replies for a shared mailbox in Office 365. For supporting documentation (Set Automatic Replies for a Shared Mailbox in Office 365.pdf), please visit the Remote Access Document Library > Outlook folder.
To set an automatic reply for a shared mailbox, you must open your mailbox and the shared mailbox in Outlook > Office 365.
- Open your Outlook Office 365 account.
- Left click on your picture in the top right.
- Select Open another Mailbox …
- Type in the name of the Mailbox. (i.e., IT_Department)
- Open. The mailbox will open in a separate tab.
- Make sure that you are on the shared mailbox in the web browser. Then click on the Settings (gear) icon in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Select the View all Outlook Settings link at the bottom.
- Select Automatic Replies from the Mail list.
- Turn automatic replies and determine if this should display at all times or for a set time frame only.
- Set a custom message for internal responses.
- Set a customer message for external responses.
- Save the changes.
- Select the X in the upper right corner within Automatic replies to close the window and return to the mailbox.
- The next time that you open the shared mailbox, you should see that the automatic replies notification is turned on, if you set to always on or are accessing during the specified time frame. You can also turn off here or access the Settings > Mail > Automatic replies to turn off.