LLCC Academic Innovation & eLearning has a full workshop schedule this semester with a wide variety of sessions for everyone. Find the full schedule, session descriptions and registration links at http://www.llcc.edu/aiel/workshops-training. Session types fall into three different tracks to help you better determine the best professional development fit for your needs.
The Innovative Teaching series provides hour-long professional development sessions, which focus on best practices for pedagogy and instruction, as well as innovative teaching and learning solutions for today’s students and learning environments. Enjoy great conversations and light refreshments for each session.
- Teaching Generation Z – Jan. 31, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Because Quality Matters! – Feb. 13, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Online Faculty Roundtable – Feb. 21, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Connecting Compliance with Student Success – March 7, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Beyond Textbooks: Using Open Educational Resources in the Classroom – March 28, 11 a.m.-noon
- Collaborative Learning Techniques & Tools – April 18, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Dare to be Different! Active Learning Strategies for your Classroom – April 24, 2:30-3:30 p.m.
Teaching & Learning Technology micro-sessions will be 30-minute hands-on workshops focusing on current and trending instructional technology tools that promote student engagement and student success.
- Everyone’s got a Story to Tell: Using Story Maps in the Classroom – Feb. 28, 3-3:30 p.m.
- Exploring Flipgrid: Video for Student Engagement and Formative Assessment – March 5, 2-2:30 p.m.
- Closed Captioning your YouTube Videos – It’s Easier than You Think! – March 21, 10-10:30 a.m.
Advanced Blackboard Tools & Solutions micro-sessions will be 30-minute hands-on workshops focusing on Blackboards more advanced functions and methods to use these tools to improve course design and student success.
- Navigating and Using the Blackboard Grade Center – Jan. 29, 4-4:30 p.m. and Feb. 1, 1:30-2 p.m.
- Using Rubrics in Blackboard – Feb. 8, 2-2:30 p.m. and Mar. 6, 1:30-2 p.m.
- Using Blackboard Reporting and Statistics to Improve Student Success – April 11, 2-2:30 p.m. and May 1, 10-10:30 a.m.
- Exploring Open Educational Resources through Blackboard – April 25, 10-10:30 a.m.
There will also be Blackboard & SoftChalk – Open Labs throughout the semester – Jan. 22, 4-6 p.m.; Feb. 14, 10 a.m.-noon; March 19, 2:30-4:30 p.m.; and April 17, 2-4 p.m. No registration is required to attend.