You can blur or change your background while participating in a Teams or Zoom video conference meeting.
Change your background during a meeting in Teams
If you want to change what appears behind you in a video conference, you can either blur your background or replace it entirely using the background effects feature. This feature is only available in scheduled meetings.
Note: Blurring or replacing your background might not prevent sensitive information from being visible to other meeting participants.
- To alter your background after you’ve already joined a meeting, go to your meeting controls and select More actions > Show background effects.
- Select Blur to blur your background or choose from the available images to replace it.
- You’ll be able to preview your chosen background to see how it looks before you apply it.
Note: If you don’t see Show background effects as an option in the menu, the feature might not be available on your device or web browser in use.
Change your Zoom background on the desktop app
- In the Zoom app, click your profile in the top right corner, and click Settings.
- On the menu to the left, click Virtual Background.
- You’ll see a few default background options provided by Zoom, including an outer space scene or blades of grass. You can choose one of those by clicking on it, and it will automatically change your screen as well. There’s also an option for if you have a green screen and want to use that.
- If you want to upload a photo to use as your background, on the same Virtual Background Page, click the + icon next to where it says Choose Virtual Background. A box will pop up allowing you to upload a photo from your computer. Click on the one you want, and it will appear alongside the other pictures as an option for you to choose from.
- To get rid of any photos you upload, tap the X in their top left corner.
Change your Zoom background on the mobile app
- When you log in to your account and join a meeting, tap the three dots at the bottom right of the screen to open the More menu.
- Tap Virtual Background.
- Select a background from the default options or upload your own.