Please read below to learn about today’s Academic Innovation and eLearning workshop, some upcoming new and updated features in Canvas and to view another video from the Canvas “Did You Know?” video series from the AIeL team.
Noteworthy Advice from Canvas Pilot Faculty, Oct. 4
Current online faculty participating in the Online Proficiency Program can receive one point for successful completion of this workshop. Register for Noteworthy Advice from Canvas Pilot Faculty.
Monday, Oct. 4, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
Delivery – Virtual (Zoom)
Brian Douglas, DNP, professor, nursing
Rebecca Miller, assistant professor, psychology
Join Becky Miller and Brian Douglas, two members of the Canvas Pilot Faculty Team, to hear their lessons learned and advice for using Canvas efficiently for you and your students. This session will also include time for Q & A.
Canvas Release Notes, Oct. 16
Instructure periodically releases information on new and updated features for the Canvas Learning Management System. This Canvas communication is to make you aware of notable new and/or updated Canvas features planned for Oct. 16, 2021. More information on these and other updates can be found on the Canvas Release Notes Page.
Navigation – Sticky Navigation Menus – All Users
- The Account, Course and User Navigation menus remain sticky and are always visible on their respective pages.
- This change allows users to access the menus at any time.
- Watch a video overview of the Sticky Navigation Menu feature
SpeedGrader – Submission Status Label Edits – Instructors
- Submission status labels can be edited in SpeedGrader
- This change allows graders to change the submission status for a student’s assignment directly in SpeedGrader
- Watch a video overview about this editing feature
User Settings – Microsoft Immersive Reader – All Users
- The Microsoft Immersive Reader button can be enabled in User Settings, if not already enabled by the institution. Additionally, the Reader is supported in Assignments, the Course Home Page and the Syllabus.
- This change allows additional resources to be used with the Microsoft Immersive Reader.
- Watch a video overview on the Immersive Reader feature
Did You Know? Video
The following video gives an overview of adding an assignment and viewing it in your Calendar in Canvas.