The LLCC Information Technology department would like to welcome all new and returning staff/faculty to the college! Email will be the primary form of communication to you from IT. Should you have technical questions pertaining to your online account and/or the software applications offered by the college, the IT Helpdesk staff are here to assist. Please note that the IT Helpdesk staff are not available to install software or troubleshoot technology issues on your personal devices.
The health, safety, and well-being of the Lincoln Land Community College community are our highest priorities. In light of the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the IT Helpdesk will be operating on modified hours and the walk-up window will be available by appointment only. We will not be accepting requests for assistance in this manner without an appointment. Please contact us by phone, email, submit your own ticket in KBOX, or by scheduling an appointment with a member of our staff. Schedule an appointment. All appointments are virtual, with the exception of the connecting to the LLCC Wi-Fi on campus.
IT Services – http://it.llcc.edu
- Contact Us – schedule virtual appointment
- Online Account – reset your password, find your username
- YouTube Channel – instructional videos for LLCC applications
When requesting assistance from the IT Helpdesk, please notify us if the issue is in a classroom, if you need immediate assistance during the class, if this is your office or if you are working remotely. Your participation may be needed to resolve the issue.
Board Policies 10.X – IT Policies
It is the responsibility of all employees to familiarize themselves with the Board Policies of the college. Policies 10.1–10.6 specifically pertain to Information Technology. https://www.llcc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Chapter-10-Information-Technology.pdf
The college employs one username and one password for all systems and password management is processed utilizing office 365. Username (is case sensitive) and Email address are not the same.
- Username – use to Sign In to computers on campus, Wi-Fi and all applications, except for Office 365.
- Email – Faculty/Staff format is email@example.com, and the student format is firstname.lastname@example.org and used only to sign into Office 365.
Technology available to you
All applications listed below are available on LLCC’s MyLLCC webpage, below the banner. www.llcc.edu/my-llcc
Faculty (Course Management and Rosters), Banking Information, Tax Information and Pay Advices. Students utilize Logger Central to Browse for, Plan and Register for Courses, View Financial Aid awards, letters and complete required documents, Final Course Grades, Unofficial & Official Transcripts, Payment Processing and Banking information.
Find your Username.
Access your Office 365 account and all available online applications (Outlook, OneDrive -Cloud storage, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote) by clicking on the Waffle icon in the upper left corner.
- OneDrive – 1 TB of Cloud storage, online editing, sharing of documents and folders for online collaboration with peers and instructors.
- You can download free apps for Office 365 for your smart device via the web, Apple or Google Play Stores.
- Recommended to use Firefox browser.
- Password Changes made in My Account, right-click on your initials in the upper right corner.
- Microsoft allows you to download Office 2016 from Microsoft to your PC or MAC from the Office 365 Gateway.
LLCC Employee Portal – IT
- Here you will find detailed information on IT, as well as detailed pages on Group Sites, OneDrive, Skype Phones, Cybersecurity and details to help you work remotely on the Remote Access Knowledge Base page.
- Cybersecurity – Cybersecurity refers to the preventative steps and techniques used to safeguard and protect the integrity of a network, programs and data from attack, damage, and/or unauthorized access.
- If you feel that you may have been subjected to a security breach, immediately change your LLCC password and notify the IT Help Desk at 217-786-2555 or email@example.com.
- If the computer has any personal online account passwords stored, it is recommended that you change these passwords immediately, as well as check with any financial institutions for issues.
Etrieve for Employees
Complete a Certificate of Absence or a Payroll timesheet.
- Chrome or Firefox are recommended browsers.
- Sign in with your username and password.
Blackboard and Canvas – Online Learning
Academic Innovation and eLearning (AIeL) support both of these applications. If you are not able to successfully Sign In to either, please change your password and then try again. If still unsuccessful or for other issues, contact AIeL for support at 217.786.2345 or for Blackboard, https://www.llcc.edu/bbsupport
LLCC Alert – Emergency Notification System
Your LLCC email address is automatically active. You can sign in to add additional contact information.