One of the steps the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends to help protect yourself and others from COVID-19 is to avoid close contact.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, even inside your home. If possible, maintain six feet between the person who is sick and other household members.
- Put distance between yourself and other people outside of your home.
- Remember that some people without symptoms may be able to spread virus.
- Stay at least six feet (about two arms’ length) from other people.
- Do not gather in groups.
- Stay out of crowded places and avoid mass gatherings.
- Keeping distance from others is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
The CDC website provides regular updates and helpful information on COVID-19. View more tips on protecting yourself and others.