November and December performances by faculty and students in LLCC’s music program kick off this week at various locations.
- Tuesday, Nov. 19 – free Christmas concert by the Capital Area Concert Band and LLCC Band students, 7 p.m., Trutter Center
- Wednesday, Nov. 20 – “An Evening of Guitar Music,” free concert, 7 p.m., A. Lincoln Commons
- Friday, Nov. 22 – “Getting to Know You,” free LLCC Choir fall concert featuring a mix of new choral director Laurie Lewis-Fritz’s favorite repertoire including classical, Motown, musical theatre and more, 7 p.m., A. Lincoln Commons
- Sunday, Nov. 24 – LLCC Big Band, 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m., followed by LLCC Choir, 1-2 p.m., Festival of Trees, Orr Building, Illinois State Fairgrounds
- Monday, Nov. 25 – free LLCC Big Band fall concert, 7 p.m., A. Lincoln Commons
- Wednesday, Dec. 4 – “Viva America,” free LLCC Choir performance in conjunction with the UIS Choir, noon, UIS Student Union Ballroom
- Wednesday, Dec. 4 – free LLCC Honors Recital featuring LLCC music majors in end-of-semester performances, 7 p.m., Menard Hall, Room 2250
Opportunity to join music groups
Faculty, staff and community members can also join the college’s band and choral groups for the spring 2020 semester through LLCC Community Education.
Community Education offers a class is for community members that are not otherwise credit-seeking students at the college and wish to join the LLCC Choir. The class will meet Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 12-12:50 p.m. in Menard 2250 beginning Jan. 13. Students will sing a wide variety of music and have performance opportunities. The class fee is $10. Register by going online via WebAdvisor or calling LLCC Registration at 786-2292, and use course code CEW-102-04.
LLCC Big Band
For those interested in joining the LLCC Big Band, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.