This spring a new course, FYE 101: First-Year Experience, is being offered to help students transition successfully to college. In this course, students will experience, discuss, write about and apply knowledge, skills, behaviors, strategies and mindsets that help them succeed in college. This course empowers students to develop inner qualities that assist in making wise decisions, which result in the outcomes and experiences they desire. Students learn how to think critically about and prepare for their academic and career pathways. FYE 101 can be used as elective credit and transferred to a four-year college or university.
• Interactive, student-centered teaching
• Success groups for students to support one another
• Help constructing a transfer or career plan
• Improvement in key areas to help students achieve their goals
• Strategies and skills to create success in college and life
FYE 101 is a three-credit course and students may use financial aid to pay for the course. For more information or to enroll, students may talk with their academic advisor, email email@example.com,
call 217.786.2292 or visit Admission and Registration in Menard Hall.