ITS is updating all computers currently running Office 2010 to Office 2013 this evening. Please make sure to leave your computer on and close out of any open applications when you leave work. More information can be found HERE.
Kevin Lust, director, Illinois Small Business Development Center at LLCC, was interviewed for this story in the State Journal-Register about a business manufacturing a device that would work with smartphones to replace remote control devices for electronic equipment.
Pursuant to the Illinois Smoke Free Campus Act (110 ILCS 64), as of this Wednesday, July 1, LLCC is going smoke-free. Full details about the smoke-free policy at LLCC can be found in this LincIn article dated June 24.
ITS will be updating all computers currently running Office 2010 to Office 2013 the evening of June 30. Please make sure to leave your computer on and close out of any open applications when you leave work that evening. Should you experience any technical difficulties, please contact the ITS Service Desk at Ext. 6-2555. Microsoft offers several training and tutorials for reference that are available on the ITS, Faculty & Staff Specialized Training portal page, under the Instructional Guides section. Go to: https://my.llcc.edu/C3/ITSTraining/default.aspx
The Human Resources office is currently advertising for an Assistant to the Vice Presidents, Administrative Services & Student Services. Complete information on this position can be found on the HR Employment site.
The deadline to submit deposits to the Finance Department is Monday, June 29 at noon. As a reminder, if you’ve taken in funds, it is necessary to submit them and corresponding deposit slips to the Finance Department on a daily basis.
Please hand the deposit to Finance Department staff as monies should not be left unattended.
If you have questions, please contact Elyse Calhoun at ext 62204 or Robin Ackman at ext 62762. Thank you!
Looking for some LLCC gear to wear on Fridays? The Veterans Club is selling 2015 Brian McMillen Memorial Run/Walk T-shirts to faculty and staff for $5. The shirts are a military green color and are available in various sizes including M, L and XL. Proceeds from the shirt will support the Brian McMillen Veterans Scholarship. Shirts can be purchased in the Veterans Affairs office in Menard Hall.
Pursuant to the Illinois Smoke Free Campus Act (110 ILCS 64) as of July 1, 2015:
• Smoking and the use of tobacco products as defined by the Act are prohibited on all college-owned and operated property.
• Smoking and the use of tobacco products as defined by the Act are allowed only in personal vehicles parked on or traveling through campus.
• All smoking material must be extinguished and disposed of inside the vehicle.
• This applies to all LLCC students, employees, visitors, members of the public, and individuals employed elsewhere who are working on campus or college-owned and operated property.
• $25 fine will be assessed for the first offense; $50 for subsequent offenses.
• Repeat offenders will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including expulsion/termination.
• “Smoke” and “smoking” means the carrying, smoking, burning, inhaling or exhaling of any kind of lighted pipe, cigar, cigarette, hookah, weed, herbs or other lighted smoking equipment. This also includes products containing or delivering nicotine (e.g. chewing tobacco) intended or expected for human consumption, except those approved by the FDA for smoking cessation purposes.
• Read more details in the Smoke-Free Campus Act.
• Read LLCC’s Board Policy 1.11: Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs.
• Maps showing college-owned and operated property: Springfield campus Springfield campus and surrounding college-owned property, LLCC-Jacksonville, LLCC-Beardstown, LLCC-Litchfield, LLCC-Taylorville, Capital City Training Center
Kick the habit! LLCC encourages smokers to use the free services of the Illinois Tobacco Quitline to kick the habit. 866-QUIT-YES
Additional smoking cessation presentations will be scheduled by the LLCC Student Life Office in the fall 2015 semester. Free smoking cessation presentations entitled “Commit to Quit” will be offered on Sept. 10 and Nov. 12 in the A. Lincoln Commons from 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. by the Illinois Tobacco Quitline and LLCC Student Life Office.
Effective July 1, 2015, LLCC will be working with a new carrier, CIGNA, for our long-term disability benefit. Benefits and rates will not be changing. However, with previous carriers, we were deducting premiums the month prior to coverage (i.e. premium deducted from 5/31 payroll for coverage for the month of June). Because of a billing structure change with our new carrier, we will now be deducting premiums during the current month of coverage (i.e. premium deducted from 7/31 payroll for July coverage). Therefore, you will not see a LTD premium deducted from your June 30th paycheck as you have already paid the premium for June. Premiums will resume on your July 31st paycheck.
If you have any questions, please let me know.
Director, Employment and Benefits