The Lincoln Land Charity Championship starts next week! If you plan to watch the up-and-coming professional golfers who will be descending on Springfield’s Panther Creek Country Club for the June 19-25 tournament, please purchase your $10 ticket online, and select Lincoln Land Community College Foundation as the charity beneficiary. Every dollar from your ticket purchase will go to a charity, and we’d like you to choose us!
To purchase tickets go to lincolnlandcharitychampionship.com, and click “Order Your Ticket TODAY” to start the online purchase. In the checkout process you will have the opportunity to select which area charity you would like to help. Choose Lincoln Land Community College Foundation from the drop-down list.
You can support the LLCC Foundation by enjoying great golf. It’s that easy!
The June 2017 issue of “Circle of Friends,” the LLCC Foundation newsletter, is now available. Read about 50 years of generous giving in support of our students and more!
The 10th and final Brian McMillen Memorial Run/Walk was held May 27 with more than 500 runners, walkers and volunteers participating. The event has raised over $80,000 through the years to support the LLCC Brian McMillen Veterans Scholarship, which is now self-sustaining, along with several charities. Overall 10K winners were Emily Kuriann and Daniel O’Keefe. See the other results. State Representative Tim Butler presented a House resolution in honor of Brian and the event to Brian’s parents.
The Foundation has four dugout box seats and a parking pass available for the Tuesday, May 16, 7:15 pm Cardinals game in St. Louis against the Boston Red Sox. The Foundation is offering these tickets to anyone who wishes to purchase them for a required amount of $455 – as requested by the donor (face value of the tickets is $153 each).
This offer includes:
- 4 Cardinals Dugout Box tickets (section 135, Row H) for Tuesday, May 16, 7:15 pm game in St. Louis against the Boston Red Sox.
- Parking Pass
- $50 in Qik-N-EZ gas cards
Please contact the Foundation at 6.2785 to purchase.
It’s not too late to make your annual contribution to the LLCC Foundation through the LEAGUE Campaign. Donate to LEAGUE choosing payroll deduction by Friday, April 28 at 5 p.m. to be entered into a drawing for lots of great prizes including gas cards, gift cards and baskets and $150 cash donated by members of the LLCC Cabinet. Complete the form 2017 Enrollment Form and return to the Foundation to be entered into the drawing.
Thank you to the nearly 150 people who have donated more than $47,000 so far. Your gift makes an impact on the lives of our students by supporting scholarships, grants and more.
Thanks so much to all who attended and took part in the fun and games at Tuesday’s LEAGUE kickoff! What a great day for our students with gifts and pledges of support totaling more than $38,000! On behalf of students like Mary Kate Curtin – a scholarship recipient – who spoke at the luncheon, thank you for all you do for our students and for your very generous support.
Stop by the Foundation by 5 p.m. this Friday for the following:
- Donate to LEAGUE choosing payroll deduction and your name will be entered into a drawing for the first $150 cash giveaway (thanks to members of the Cabinet for donating the prize money)!
2017 Enrollment Form.
- Purchase 50/50 tickets for a chance to win cash (approximately $150 so far). Tickets are $1 each, $5 for 6, or $10 for 18.
- Vote for your favorite decorated office door in the LEAGUE Door Decorating Contest or email your vote to Barbara.Eades@llcc.edu. The winner will receive a jeans day in May.
Funds from this campaign go directly to support LLCC students through scholarships, grants and more. As a donor, you choose what you would like your gift to support. The LLCC Foundation realizes you have choices in philanthropic support and given the ever increasing demands on individual and family budgets, please know how grateful we are that you’ve chosen the students of LLCC to be the recipients of your generous donations.
Updated guidelines have been issued for the LEAGUE Door Decorating Contest that were initially posted in Friday’s Linc. See the new guidelines: LEAGUE Door Decorating Contest Guidelines with Photos
Fifteen eligible nominations were received for the 2017 Drs. Raymond and Ann Pearson Master Teacher Award. Congratulations to:
- Diana Coffman, Professor, Biology
- Connie Costello, Assistant Professor, Nursing
- Marlene Emmons, Professor, English
- Mark Hardiman, Professor, Theatre
- Beth Hoffmann, Professor, Communication
- Paul Hudson, Professor, Business
- Tameka Johnson-Tillman, Instructor, English
- Frank Marsaglia, Professor, Computer Networking
- Samantha Reif, Associate Professor, Geology
- David Reynolds, Professor Sociology
- Matt Shaver, Professor, Digital Media
- Eric Stachera, Professor, English
- Natasha Trame, Associate Professor, Psychology
- Matt Vespa, Professor, Math
- Beth Wiediger, Professor, Psychology
The Pearsons, longtime Springfield physicians, made the award possible through a generous contribution to the LLCC Foundation. The award annually recognizes an exceptional full-time, faculty member for his or her professional contributions to LLCC. The 2017 award recipient will be announced at the annual faculty and staff recognition ceremony later this spring.
Master Teacher nominations are due Wednesday, Feb. 8. Simply click here for the form or log into Blackboard.
For more information stop by the LLCC Foundation, Level one, Menard Hall room 1214, call 786-2217 or e-mail LLCCFoundation@llcc.edu.