Students, faculty and staff,
I want to assure you that the health, safety and well-being of our college community are our highest priorities. In light of the global coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, our leadership team has been meeting and considering the latest information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Lincoln Land Community College is taking the following preventative measures:
- For students, we will extend spring break by one additional week (March 16-22) for all classes.
- Though classes will not meet, the college will be open. Staff should report to work as usual.
- Faculty will work (either on campus or remotely) on ensuring that they will be able to instruct their students remotely beginning Monday, March 23. More information on preparing classes for adaptive modes of teaching will be provided.
- This week, faculty and staff are encouraged to remain in their workspaces as much as possible, practicing reasonable social distancing.
- Faculty and staff who have recently traveled to CDC identified high risk countries should speak to their supervisor and Human Resources for permission to work from home for a 14-day period of self-quarantine.
- Faculty and staff exhibiting symptoms of the coronavirus are asked to contact their health care provider and follow their instructions. All employees who are feeling ill should take sick leave and stay home from work.
- All student travel and non-essential employee travel are suspended for the foreseeable future. Any previously approved employee travel must be resubmitted for consideration.
- The LLCC Child Development Center will remain open with regular business hours.
- LLCC Community Education classes are canceled until further notice.
- All activities involving community groups meeting on the LLCC campus or at any LLCC Outreach Center are canceled until further notice.
- A polling place for primary election voting on March 17 will be open in Montgomery Hall.
- Bistro Verde will be closed until further notice.
- The Midwest Athletic Conference has canceled all softball and baseball (including the LLCC Loggers teams) games until April 1.
- Quiznos is the lower level of Menard Hall will be closed this week.
Although no classes will be held this week, the college will be open as we prepare for adaptive modes of teaching through the duration of this health crisis. Our facilities staff is taking extra measures to ensure a clean and sanitary environment.
Additional communications will be sent as warranted, and updates will be posted on www.llcc.edu.
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding as we work together to continue to provide a safe learning environment for our students.
Charlotte Warren, Ph.D.
President, Lincoln Land Community College